A quick quiz (don’t worry, you pass):
1. What’s red, made it so Santa Clause was jolly and round, likes polar bears, is a tasty drink and “Gives the world a ….”?
And for question #2, same genre, different product. Good luck!
2. What’s green, adventurous, male, a daredevil, and energizing? “Do the…”
Did you figure it out? Coca-Cola and Mountain Dew have established great brand images and consumer expectations. But can companies without multimillion dollar marketing budgets do the same? Here are a few tips:
- Establish consistent colors. Your website, blog, and Twitter account should all look and feel similar. Reinforce your brand through every media outlet.
- Logo: design (preferably hire a professional to design) a logo for your company. Put it on everything, even in-house documents.
- Induce emotion: make sure everything associated with your company name makes your potential consumer feel the way you want them to feel. (link to Article on logos)
- Use social media: tweet, blog, and update Facebook about things that are relevant to your field
- Develop a mascot (follow ours on twitter: @doggydetails )
- Follow through with your customer. Make sure they are getting what they were promised, in terms of experience, service, and products.