A powerful brand strategy combines ‘the logic and the magic’ – that mix of rational and emotive elements that, together, combine to give a brand engagement, connectedness, distinction and focus.
In an insightful article, Mark Di Somma talks about looking for brand performance and potential on more than just logical grounds; positioning it in such a way that it ‘calls’ to customers rather than just rationalizing itself to them.
To do that, there are always 7 components I look for in a brand strategy:
1. Resonance – how will people react?
2. Resilience – how strong is the strategy competitively?
3. Results – what difference will it make?
4. Resolution – how will the new strategy galvanize people from the inside-out? Is it inspiring?
5. Radiation – will it spread?
6. Redefinition – is it radical? Does it have stretch?
7. Recognition – does it still have the brand’s DNA?
Read his full article here, and see our infographic translation below.